Hi there! We’re always excited to meet talented new people, so if the description below sounds like a good fit for you, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
JOB TITLE: Carpenter
REPORTS TO: Superintendent and Project Manager
The Carpenter is responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor at commercial and residential construction sites. Under general supervision the carpenter completes portions of all phases of construction as needed, cleans and prepares sites, operates a variety of hand and power tools to complete assigned tasks, cleans up rubble and debris, and removes waste materials. The Carpenter may also pick up and distribute tools and materials to various job sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs heavy physical labor.
- Assists in building structures for commercial and residential construction sites.
- Participates in demolitions.
- Uses spray guns for application of material to ceilings or walls.
- Erects concrete forms and scaffolding.
- Mops, brushes, or spreads paints, cleaning solutions or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
- Applies caulking compounds by hand or using caulking guns.
- Erects and disassembles scaffolding, braces, barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Hangs, tapes, and patches drywall.
- Installs interior and exterior doors and hardware.
- Installs and repairs suspended ceilings and grid.
- Provides assistance to subcontractors as needed.
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Loads, unloads, and identifies building materials, machinery, and tools, and distributes them to the appropriate locations.
- Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards. Hauls materials to dump or recycle as appropriate.
- Related duties may be assigned as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Language Skills: Ability to understand verbal and written instructions and technical procedures. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with coworkers and supervisors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic math including adding, subtracting, dividing, and multiplying and use these operations with money and units of measurement such as inch, foot, yard, ounce, and pound (or their metric counterparts).
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma and a minimum of 2 years related experience. Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in commercial and residential construction. Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Certificates and Licenses: Valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance required.
- Talking: Frequently required to convey detailed information in person and over the phone.
- Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength: This position requires frequent heavy physical labor and includes, but is not limited to, the following activities: climbing, standing, walking, reaching, and crouching, frequent standing, and walking, frequent lifting, carrying and/or moving up to 80 pounds, frequent need to bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb ladders and stairs, work over head, and lift materials over head.
INTERESTED? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
To apply now (or learn more about employment at Uniplex) please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.