Hi there! We’re always excited to meet talented new people, so if the description below sounds like a good fit for you, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
JOB TITLE: Superintendent
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Carpenters and Laborers
The Superintendent is responsible for on-site project production in conjunction with the Project Manager. Supervises and directs the activities of a crew of carpenters and/or subcontractors on construction sites and helps with scheduling, production, and quality control on a daily basis. The Superintendent may also engage in the same construction trades work as the workers being supervised.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises a crew and prioritizes work.
- Coordinates communication between Project Manager, clients, architects, designers, and production crews as necessary.
- Organizes, leads, and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframe.
- Manage crews to obtain top quality workmanship, efficiency, employee satisfaction, morale, communication, commitment, teamwork and pride.
- Reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines, and enforces necessary timelines.
- Complies with and enforces all company policies, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed; brings problems to the attention of the Project Manager.
- Act as liaison with Project Manager. Provide calculations on hours involved, materials needed, truck use, and human resources required.
- Recognize and communicate to Project Manager any priority projects or problems, such as employee performance or material acquisition issues and complaints from clients.
- Regularly communicate with office staff/warehouse manager about repair and maintenance needs on all major pieces of equipment on assigned jobs.
- Related duties may be assigned as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Language Skills: Ability to understand verbal and written instructions and technical procedures. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with coworkers, supervisors, subcontractors, and clients.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic math including adding, subtracting, dividing, and multiplying and use these operations with money and units of measurement such as inch, foot, yard, ounce, and pound (or their metric counterparts).
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving multiple variables and potentially conflicting opinions.
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma and a minimum of 5 years related experience or equivalent. Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in commercial and residential construction. Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Strong leadership skills. Must be able to motivate, guide, and train a team of Carpenters.
- Certificates and Licenses: Valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance required.
- Talking: Frequently required to convey detailed information in person and over the phone.
- Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength: This position requires frequent heavy physical labor and includes, but is not limited to, the following activities: climbing, standing, walking, reaching, and crouching, frequent standing, and walking, frequent lifting, carrying and/or moving up to 80 pounds, frequent need to bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb ladders and stairs, work over head, and lift materials over head.
INTERESTED? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
To apply now (or learn more about employment at Uniplex) please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.