Project Manager – Experienced in Commercial Tenant Improvement
Hi there! We’re always excited to meet talented new people, so if the description below sounds like a good fit for you, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
JOB TITLE: Project Manager, Experienced in Commercial Tenant Improvement
Responsible for preparing and coordinating full estimates on construction projects as required by client’s documents. Creates production schedule and manages projects through completion. Collaborates with Accountant to monitor project-related A/P and A/R. Manages performance of Superintendents and field crew. Utilizes multiple methods for business development and client acquisition and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates.
- Travels to project sites to meet with clients and gain information.
- Ensures timely completion of estimates.
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Obtains pricing for materials.
- Obtains bids from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis using material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
- Maintains detailed job folders, which are comprehensible and accessible to colleagues.
- Creates, follows, and modifies project schedules.
- Works with Superintendents and subcontractors to plan, organize and direct activities for projects.
- Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confers with Superintendents and subcontractors to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Implements and enforces safety plans.
- Initiates and maintains liaison with clients and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitors and controls projects through administrative direction of on-site Superintendents to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures.
- Represents company in project meetings.
- Manages financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintains a good relationship with the customer.
- May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interprets and explains plans and contract terms to workers and clients.
- Formulates reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
- Assigns workers to construction sites to work on specified projects.
- Visits project sites to ensure progress and quality.
- Keeps company management informed of bid and project progress, labor needs, and work volume.
- Submits requests for final client billing to Accountant for processing.
- Related duties may be assigned as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, reports, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and correspondence; ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and ability to present information in one-on-one and group situations to management, staff, and clients. Ability to apply proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format to typed material. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic math including adding, subtracting, dividing, and multiplying and use these operations with money and units of measurement such as inch, foot, yard, ounce, and pound (or their metric counterparts); able to interpret graphs and reports to find profit, loss, and percentages.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to solve a wide range of practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and deal with multiple variables.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project. Must be willing to learn and utilize software programs or other technology to optimize productivity and accuracy.
- Strong leadership and management skills. Must be able to schedule, motivate, discipline, train, and evaluate performance of 4 or more Foremen and Carpenters.
- Must be able to read, understand, and interpret construction plan sets.
- Certificates and Licenses: Valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance required.
INTERESTED? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
To apply now (or learn more about employment at Uniplex) please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.