Hi there! We’re always excited to meet talented new people, so if the description below sounds like a good fit for you, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
JOB TITLE: Project Engineer
The Project Engineer will work with Project Managers through all phases of project production and may include assistance with estimating/bidding as needed. At the Project Managers’ discretion, the Project Engineer will be responsible for managing certain jobs in whole or in part depending on scale and scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
For Assigned Projects:
- Works with foremen and subcontractors to plan, organize and direct activities for projects.
- Schedules field employees and subcontractors.
- Schedules and attends key project meetings.
- Obtains competitive pricing and purchases materials as directed – tracks inventory and delivery schedules.
- Frequently communicates with field staff, Project Managers, and clients to answer questions and keep projects running smoothly.
- Creates proposals with Project Managers as requested.
- Monitors costs and brings budget issues to the attention of Project Managers.
- Maintains detailed job folders, which are comprehensible and accessible to colleagues.
- Compiles post-construction logs such as disposal reports and Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Prepares contracts and ensures all documents are signed and filed.
- Obtains drawings and prints plans.
- Responsible for coordinating, organizing, tracking, updating and/or expediting the flow of information, files, drawings, permits, materials, and correspondence
General Administrative Duties
- Maintains master schedule for all field staff and subcontractors.
- Answers phones and directs calls.
- Schedules daily use of company vehicles.
- Related duties may be assigned as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, reports, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and correspondence; ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and ability to present information in one-on-one and group situations to management, staff, and clients. Ability to apply proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format to typed material. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic math including adding, subtracting, dividing, and multiplying and use these operations with money and units of measurement such as inch, foot, yard, ounce, and pound (or their metric counterparts); able to interpret graphs and reports to find profit, loss, and percentages.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to solve a wide range of practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and deal with multiple variables.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project. Must be willing to learn and utilize software programs or other technology to optimize productivity and accuracy.
Strong organization skills.
Must be able to read, understand, and interpret construction plan sets or learn to do so within a set time frame upon hire.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance required.
INTERESTED? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
To apply now (or learn more about employment at Uniplex) please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org