Hi there! We’re always excited to meet talented new people, so if the description below sounds like a good fit for you, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
JOB TITLE: Lead Carpenter
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
Under general supervision, the Lead Carpenter is responsible for performing journey-level work in the design, construction, repair and maintenance of structures and related physical facilities; and may occasionally act as lead worker.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the full range of rough and finished skilled carpentry work.
- Designs, constructs, remodels, retrofits and repairs interior and exterior structures made of wood, drywall, plaster, concrete or brick.
- Work from blueprints, specifications, drawings and instructions to design, construct, retrofit, and repair cabinets, tables, shelves, benches, partitions, flooring, door and window frames, and other types of finishes.
- Inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements, and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations.
- Monitors work done by outside contractors for adherence to state and federal Code Requirements and reports back to supervisor.
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and helps secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Related duties may be assigned as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Language Skills: Ability to understand verbal and written instructions and technical procedures. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with coworkers and supervisors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic math including adding, subtracting, dividing, and multiplying and use these operations with money and units of measurement such as inch, foot, yard, ounce, and pound (or their metric counterparts).
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in both rough and finished carpentry in both residential and commercial/industrial settings; applicable building and safety code requirements; methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment
- Knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Must be able to read, understand, and interpret construction plan sets
- Certificates and Licenses: Valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance required.
- Talking: Frequently required to convey detailed information in person and over the phone.
- Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength: This position requires frequent heavy physical labor and includes, but is not limited to, the following activities: climbing, standing, walking, reaching, and crouching, frequent standing, and walking, frequent lifting, carrying and/or moving up to 80 pounds, frequent need to bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb ladders and stairs, work over head, and lift materials over head.
INTERESTED? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
To apply now (or learn more about employment at Uniplex) please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.